Beginning in September students in grades 4-8 will be keeping a sketchbook which will be purchased by the school (included in art paper fee). Also all students in grades Pre K thru 8 will be keeping portfolios, also purchased by SFA. Their art will be saved in the portfolios and presented to parents with report cards. Some of their art will be included in a spring art exhibit at SFA. Any parents who would like to volunteer to help out with the art exhibit please let me know. Below is a list of required art supplies needed for September 2012 – June 2013 for grades 1-8 only.
- 2-3 pencils
- Erasers – caps are preferable
- Self contained pencil sharpener – no battery operated
- Crayons – pack of 9 – no large packages
- Markers – crayola washable classic colors only – pack of 8, no permanent markers
- Watercolor paint – crayola only = 8 colors
- Smock or old shirt for painting
- Scissor, not pointed
- 1 large glue stick, no elmers white glue
- $7.oo art paper fee in an envelope with child's name and grade. The art paper fee needed to be increased to cover the cost of the art exhibit and sketchbooks.
No wipes – I have enough from last year
Please put all art supplies in a small bag.
Have a safe summer,