Parents, I ask that when you are purchasing supplies that you keep it simple. Fancy pencils, crayons, eraser, sharpeners, etc. become a distraction in the classroom. Those “fun” supplies can be kept at home and used for homework or recreation.
It might be beneficial to pick up extras of things like crayons, glue, etc as it will be necessary to replenish these supplies several times during the year. In the first grade, we tend to use all or most of those supplies on a daily basis.
Being unprepared really affects the lessons and I thank you in advance for your attention to that!
- a schoolbag (one that doesn’t roll, please, they tend to be very heavy even without books)
- 2 soft pencil cases – One will hold pencils and an eraser and one will hold a small box of crayons, scissors, and glue. No hard pencil boxes, please!!
- small box of crayons – no more than 24
- 2 glue sticks
- box of tissues
- roll of paper towels (girls only)
- box of baby wipes (boys only)
- 2- 2 pocket folders, one of your choice and one school folder (see below)
- $20.00 cash for the following materials:
- 2 marble notebooks (bought from me)
- Journal book
- Construction paper
- School folder (bought from me)
Please follow this closely as there is a need and purpose for all of what I have listed.
Thanks so much!
*The children will need an additional folder for Italian class as well as a notebook (purchased on your own – not one of the ones I have listed above) that can fit in that folder. Please note that my list does not include the necessary supplies for Art class. Mrs. Inguaggiato will inform you of what is necessary for her class.